When designing your own play card:
- Have a Visual Card that you can show the kids in the huddle so that they can quickly recall the play and their responsibilities
- Ensure a good mix of running and pass plays
- Have a variety of plays that allows you to get all players involved in the game
- Ensure plays are appropriate for the age group or skill set you are coaching.
- Review and practice the plays during practice. This allows the kids to have had a chance to practice the play and will help you as a coach understand which plays will work in the game and which plays may need to be worked on in the future.
Resources: Link to Pick 6 Sports Playcard