Scored as a Safety
- Quarterback or Runners flags are pulled in their end zone.
- Offensive Player runs out of the back of their end zone or side of their end zone
- Offensive player fumbles the ball in the end zone after having possession
- Offensive Player commits a Spot penalty in the end zone
- Flag Guarding
- illegal Contact - Blocking
Not Scored as a Safety
- Snap goes over the head of the quarterback and lands in the end zone
- A bad / fumbled Snap can never result in a safety
- Quarterback Pitches the ball from outside of the end zone and it lands in the end zone.
- Ball would be marked at spot where quarterback pitches the ball
- If Quarterback was standing in end zone at time of pitch then it would be a safety
When a safety occurs the defense is awarded 2 points and is given possession of the ball at their 5 yard line. Please note this is a change from the Pick 6 Sports 2014 to 2016 rule book.